Thursday, February 9, 2012

2/9/12 - 6th Grade Notes

Guys, today we went over the homework and by looking at your work it really showed me that you guys seem to understand how to find either the speed, time, or distance using the formula s = d/t.  Just remember to always write down what you need to find out in the problem, and what the problem gives you and the rest is just --  Plug it in, plug it in!

I was unable to teach the second class but for the first class, I realize that I went a little too fast through Newton's Law with you so we will be working more with that later.  For now just try and remember the formula F = MA, or Force is for your MAma.  Below is the link that was not working today to the NPR radio broadcast that talks about the the physics of football.  I find it neat and very interesting.

-  http://www.npr.org/2012/02/03/146362928/the-physics-of-a-football-players-performance

If any of you want more information on F = MA, below is a link to Khan Academy where he explains it.  The language he uses is a bit above what I expect you know but I think he does a good job of explaining things so you should gain at least a bit of information from it.

http://www.khanacademy.org/video/newton-s-second-law-of-motion?topic=physics


No comments:

Post a Comment